Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Update: Massive PR

Update!

On my Massive PR post from yesterday:

It seems that the esteemed Jeff Jarvis may have been a little weirded out by my mention of his blog post on captioning and metadata as a form of PR for a client of mine. Sorry, Jeff!

To further clarify what I meant in my post:

The interchange exemplified a main tenet of PR. By providing someone in a position of influence and newsbearing with something of interest to them, he got a nice mention in a blog with a pretty decent circulation, something like 8,500 hits a day. A link to his website was provided, and a good bit of constructive dialogue ensued. At this point, several thousand people are now aware of what "vlogging" is capable of, and how closed-captioning may soon allow you to find the movie you just can't remember, but heard that great line in.

Obviously, Jeff had not blogged about the topic with the intent of giving Steven any PR! It just worked out that way, in this transparent web atmosphere.

For more about online social networking, and how to put it to work for you, you might want to check out Scott Allen. I was on a recent conference call with Scott about social networking, and boy did he open up my eyes about how big this concept is!

9 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long have you been at your business consulting fitness job? Are you good at business consulting fitness? Could you help other businesses that are just starting out get up to speed? Then you are a qualified consultant! And of course, that's only one way to share your knowledge. "How To Start Your Own Coaching/Consulting Business" is my well researched business consulting fitness, online webite that you can read and learn at your leisure.
Hope you visit ...

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a event marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers event marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free join list mailing site/blog. It pretty much covers free join list mailing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful invention it is, this thing we call the Internet!

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous date said...

Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous instant said...

John, hope all is well with your" legal jobs" search.
Maybe you can find looking for "careers" at www.directmatch4free.com
Just make sure you come back to this site to let us know how you are doing!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous match said...

Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous webmasterworld said...

Hi, can I call you David Krock? I guess it's kind of special that I'm posting here because I'm still pretty new to blog and don't really know how to blog surfing yet. I was out search for some infor about how make money but haven't had much luck so far, and since everyone calls blog "web 2.0", many have said that this is the next generation of internet, so I decided to try look for things in blog.com. and guess what? I still haven't had much luck, but your site got my attention although Update: Massive PR is not a perfect much to how make money. anyway, I think I'll keep going and try to understand a bit more about blogs. thanks for the reading, cheers!

 
|

Post a Comment

<< Home